Discover 7 Powerful Blogging Tips
Grab your reader’s attention.
This mantra applies to any individual who wishes to bring his message across regardless of whatever platform one is using – be it print, television, internet, or radio. The first seconds that your audience reads, sees, or hears your message is crucial.
When you fail to capture their interest during these precious moments, chances are, they will lose interest in you and your message. In short, your article will go unread, your video unseen, or your announcement unheard.
It is a must that you start strong, with a line that immediately intrigues or attracts their attention. Here are blogging tips that will guarantee to gather your reader’s interest.
1. Engage readers using rhetorical questions. You can pique your readers’ attention by starting off your article with a sequence of rhetorical questions. When confronted with questions of this nature, your reader will contemplate about your question and answer in their heads
2. Challenge conventional thinking. A provocative statement that contradicts conventional thinking is guaranteed to catch anybody’s attention. As a writer, for example, you can start off your article on choosing careers by saying that education is not as indispensable as we were led to believe. Such a statement immediately catches your readers off-guard and engage their attention.
3. Point out an astounding fact. Even in this day and age when information seems to be all on the internet, there are still facts with compelling impact that people are not aware of. This is one of the blogging tips that is guaranteed to capture your readers’ imagination. As a blogger, it is your duty to research on these amazing facts and highlight these and how they impact on your reader. Conservation groups have, in a sense, repeatedly used this tact and it works every single time they use this!
4. Celebrity flavor. Humans are naturally social beings. And of late, one of the preoccupations of just about everybody is keeping up with celebrities and every minute goings-on in their lives. You can pique your readers interest by quoting from movies, sitcoms, and other shows.
4. Go back to history. Here is one of the blogging tips that is easy to pull off. You can use the internet to search for interesting historical notes that you can use for your articles.
5. Let your readers’ imagination work. Imagine is probably one of the most powerful words in the dictionary. Use this in any article and you immediately have readers conjuring up images of white-sand beaches, trips in the mystical country of Bhutan… the list goes on and on.
6. Make your readers curious. Whether we admit it or not, we love intrigues. Starting off your blog with a statement that arouses your readers’ curiosity will hook them to every line of your story. They will definitely stick around to find out how the story develops.
7. Use quotations. This is not an entirely new blogging tip. However, you can put your own twist by using a quote not only associated with noted personalities but also those who are not so well-known. There are a gazillion of quotations out there, you only need to use the right one for your article to work readers’ attention by starting off your article with a sequence of rhetorical questions. When confronted with questions of this nature, your reader will contemplate about your question and answer in their heads.